The Supreme Court this week issued two disastrous rulings. In the first, the Court once again manipulated the truth in order to preserve Obamacare. In the second, gay marriage is now the law of the land!
Make no mistake. As our leaders in the White House, Congress and the Supreme Court push an agenda of immorality upon the nation, America has passed the point of no return.
Let the doubters scoff and accuse, but the nation is now in serious trouble and its people are ambivalent and unconcerned. Never before in America’s history have we seen the road to truth and morality paved over by lies and deception time and time again in the public arena. While the liberal news media seems to obliterate the line between truth and lies, what’s worse is that the American people can’t seem to tell the difference anymore. Even the “salt of the earth” — the Church — doesn’t seem to recognize the depth of the crisis we’re facing in America, or the nearness of judgment. Like the proverbial frog in the pot, the American people have been unable to discern the rising heat that is sure to kill them.
What has happened to America? How did we get to this point? President Barack Obama is partly responsible. He came to “fundamentally transform America,” and he has. Many have thought that he was way in over his head in the office of presidency; but no. He knows what he is doing and has been doing it.
The Supreme Court ruling on gay marriage has the same impact on this nation that the morning of 9-11 had — nothing is ever going to be the same again.
The Holy Scriptures deride the rulers of nations that “hate good and love evil” (Micah 3:1-4); that issue “unrighteous decrees” (Isaiah 10:1); that love graft and do deceitful things for self-interest and profit (Isaiah 1:23); that agree with the forces of evil and speak lies (Isaiah 28:14-15, Romans 1:18).
Our leadership is only part of the problem. The other part is us! We have not only grown complacent with the evil encroaching all upon us, but we have been seduced by it. We as a nation cleave more to evil than to God. We might as well admit it.
God, speaking to ancient Israel with words that are more pertinent to America today, says:
“Why will you still be struck down? Why will you continue to rebel? Your whole head is sick, and your whole heart is faint. From the sole of your foot to the top of your head, there’s no soundness evident—only bruises, sores, and festering wounds that haven’t been cleaned out, bandaged, or treated with oil. Your country lies desolate; your cities have been incinerated. Before your very eyes, foreigners are devouring your land—they’ve brought devastation on it, while the land is overthrown by foreigners” (Isa 1:5-7 ISV).
Does this not sound like a news report for 2015 in America?
- Why will you continue to rebel? signifies America’s continual rebellion of God and His ways.
- The whole head is sick refers to our political leadership.
- Your whole heart is faint refers to the nation’s conscience and emotional state of mind.
- From the sole of your foot to the top of your head, there’s no soundness evident—only bruises, sores, and festering wounds that haven’t been cleaned out, bandaged, or treated with oil, signifies a national condition in which there is absolute no sound judgment in any issue we address and there is no opportunity for the healing of the nation in the many areas that cry out for relief.
- Your country lies desolate; your cities have been incinerated. This scenario will yet play out to a greater degree in our nation, but haven’t we seen the beginning of cities being incinerated from our recent race riots that we’ve seen in Missouri and Maryland?
- Before your very eyes, foreigners are devouring your land. This scenario too will yet play out to a greater degree in our nation. But isn’t it telling that the president, who is supposed to support the laws of the land has willingly opened wide the borders to allow anyone, friend or foe, to come through with no regard to our national security?
Scripture makes this solemn point, as we see the nation continue to destroy the foundations upon which this nation was built: If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do? (Psa 11:3 KJV). We are witnessing the constant pounding away at the nation’s moral and constitutional foundations.
Getting back to our original question: how do we make sense of what America has become? It is all laid out in the scriptures, where we will see a direct correlation between rejecting God and His word to the embracing of all sorts of evil ideologies.
The first three chapters of Romans lays out the case that when a nation that knew God rejects Him, they will embrace every evil practice. This won’t be politically correct to say with the anti-Christian atmosphere in this nation, but it is the Word of God.
- For although they knew God, America knew God and made a covenant with Him!
- they did not glorify him as God or give him thanks, we rejected God in every aspect of our society
- but they became futile in their thoughts and their senseless hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for an image resembling mortal human beings or birds or four-footed animals or reptiles, We rejected God’s truth about creationism and embraced the fable that we evolved from apes.
- Therefore God gave them over in the desires of their hearts to impurity, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, We removed ourselves from God; God removed Himself from us.
- For this reason God gave them over to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged the natural sexual relations for unnatural ones, and likewise the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed in their passions for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in themselves the due penalty for their error, Notice that once America expelled God from our schools and higher levels of education in the 1960s, it wasn’t long before gay marriage became fashionable and is now legal!
- And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done. They are filled with every kind of unrighteousness, wickedness, covetousness, malice. They are rife with envy, murder, strife, deceit, hostility. They are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, contrivers of all sorts of evil, disobedient to parents, senseless, covenant-breakers, heartless, ruthless. Although they fully know God’s righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but also approve of those who practice them, Here God lays bare the full sins of our nation and He specifically shows that it’s not just gay marriage that He’s concerned about (Rom 1:21-32 NET).
Doesn’t that last paragraph express the conditions of the nation today, whether we’re watching the news or so-called entertainment?
We have sinned. And there doesn’t seem to be a chance of national repentance, but a certain expectation of judgment.
Christians have pushed for national repentance, but we’re probably not going to see it. The tide has turned in America. It’s 9-11 all over again. Things are not going to be the same again here.
Expect a greater intolerance — from those who say they’re “tolerant” — against Christians and truth and virtue.
All bets are off now, the march toward the return of Jesus has thankfully begun and has accelerated. It is good to keep that in mind as we see all our institutions failing and betraying us. Align yourself with Him before judgment comes to America.
[See here for a better explanation of what is coming to America, so that you can prepare yourself!]
And, while the nation may not come to full repentance now (for we are too entrenched in our evil to leave it), we certainly know that the time has come for individual repentance. You, reading this now, can turn to the One true God, the One who made you and the One who can protect you in the days to come — Jesus Christ. It’s a very simple act of confession that Jesus paid the penalty of our sins and that we welcome Him into our lives to change us and to make us new as we become “born again.”
The choice is yours. And, as you see God’s prophetic word come into greater fulfillment, consider what we’re saying to you now.
[And yet, it is not all bad news. The Lord promises that we will yet see His people fulfilling their “finest hour” in the days to come.]